Monday 18 April 2011

It's just a theory.

An interesting theory was placed before me this morning while reading Eckhart Tolle’s book, A New Earth
It says:

“What is a negative emotion? An emotion that is toxic to the body and interferes with its balance and harmonious functioning”

 “Do positive emotions then have the opposite effect on the physical body? Do they strengthen the immune system, invigorate and heal the body?”

What if these issues we are having with intolerances can be made worse by emotions?
Stress is a known cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and affects millions of people.

Wikipedia outlines stress as a known cause of irritable bowl:
“IBS may begin after an infection (post-infectious, IBS-PI), a stressful life event, or onset of maturity without any other medical indicators”.

What if the way we live our lives and allow events and emotions to affect us has a physical manifestation on our bodies?
What if all of the illnesses we face are caused by the way we see our lives and deal with stress and anxiety?

Our minds are a complex machine and scientists today have still not unlocked the secrets of the human brain.
The mind controls what we eat and how we digest it.
Our minds also control our cravings and how we respond to food.

Some people respond to food as a feel good activator, others see food as “we eat to live not we live to eat”

The obesity problem in Australia and American is huge, are we perhaps the problem?

“More than half (54%) of Australian adults are either overweight or obese, according to new analysis from the 2004-05 National Health Survey released today by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
Maybe it is ourselves causing the health issues that many of us are struggling with”. Aus Bureau of statistics (2004-2005)

I have decided I am going to start trying to see my life in another light.
Deal with emotions more rationally and teach my mind to rest.

Some people may call this spiritual “hocus pocus” but I think it has nothing to do with any spiritual element.

We live such busy lives, we work longer hours and we spend less time with our families.
Relaxation has become fast food, a bottle of wine and a date with the couch and television.
Don’t get me wrong I love to do this too but is it really the best option for our minds and physical health?
Exercise for most people is also a great stress relief and mood cleanser.


I have decided I will spend more time reading and reflecting on my life.
I don’t know when the last time was that I just sat still and stared out into the distance.
I have started to write in a journal to document my random thoughts and feelings to still my mind.

I hope that perhaps with living a more centred life with less stress that maybe my health will improve.

Exercise + Stillness + Writing + A Healthy Diet = 100 % Health

Why don’t you give it a try????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment